5 Tips For Dealing With Maintenance Requests From Your Tenants
August 16th, 2023
We get it.
Those requests get overwhelming… fast.
At Evergreen Home Buyers, we’ve been working in the real estate market here in Jacksonville for quite some time. So, we know a thing or two when it comes to dealing with maintenance requests from your tenants.
Here are some tips for making things faster and simpler…
1. Create a System — To make it easy for tenants to submit a maintenance request, we recommend standardizing the process. Consider a property management app to make the entire system simple and efficient.
2. Respond Quickly — It might be inconvenient (it always is), but responding to maintenance requests quickly is absolutely critical to keeping tenants happy, the property in good shape, and your conscience clear. Don’t wait. Hire someone to help if there are time constraints with scheduling.
3. Budget For Property Repairs — The harder tenants are on your property, the more money is necessary to budget for repairs. Make sure to keep funds in a savings account that can be used for those unexpected and spendy projects.
4. Be Clear In Your Lease — Make sure the lease is clear about what types of repairs the tenants are responsible for making.
5. Maintain a Clear Record — To avoid legal battles with tenants, be sure to keep a crystal-clear record of all the repair requests, costs, and completions on the property. This documentation will help should a tenant unjustly accuse you of not fixing something.
Hope that helps!
If you want to ditch the maintenance requests and sell your property fast, as-is, and for a fair cash price, give us a call at (904) 342-3216. We can close in as little as two weeks, and we’ll even pay all closing costs!